Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wow...it's been a while!

I can't believe I forgot about my blog. I have been terribly busy. Well, Daniel and I are in our new house. Loving it!!! It is the best thing that has ever happened to us.
We don't seem to be here much since baseball started this week. They have had ball games every night this week except tonight. I'm on spring break and haven't been worth a dime. I didn't realize how tired I was until I didn't have anything to do. I should have been writing a paper all week, but I can't make myself get motivated. I wanna take a break on my break. :-) Haven't worked either...but not by choice. They were covered all week and didn't need me. I haven't worked in like 3 weeks, but I really haven't had time to with class 2 days a week, clinicals 2 days a week, and the only day I am off I spend doing some sort of work. Only like 5 or 6 weeks left though. WOO HOO!!! I am so ready to graduate, get married, and go on my honeymoon.
I'm planning another trip in July, too. The boys (Daniel and his friends and their dads) always go to Chicago once in the summer to watch the Cubs play...Daniel is a complete Braves fan, but it is a guy trip so he isn't gonna miss out. This year, the girls are gonna go somewhere while the boys are gone. We are planning to go to a Braves game, Six flags, and White Water. We will probably leave on Thursday and come back on Sunday. I am super excited. Sometimes us girls need girl time!! :-)
When school is going on I seem to forget that I am sooo happy and forget to have fun. This week has reminded me how incredibly happy I can be. School just drains so much out of me, and I become a completely different person.
This last weekend, I went home. Spent all day Saturday watching Briley (my littlest sister) play basketball and softball. She had a basketball game early saturday morning and then played 5 softball games after that. We didn't get home until like 10pm. I miss them soooooo much. I hate being so far away from them. I miss all of my wonderful LIFELONG friends, too. I need so much more of them in my life, but I also LOVE being with Sis, Court, and Tara. I wish we could just all live in one happy place.
I must say that I have become quite the cook around here. I love to cook and am so glad that I can finally do it without being in the way of someone else. I have cooked all kinds of stuff that I have never cooked before...Quesdillas, meatloaf, shrimp linguini, pizza casserole, chicken casserole, home-fried chicken tenders, and many other things. Daniel sure isn't starving :-). Al came to eat with us tonight...not him and Daniel are watching a movie while I am sitting here typing on this computer.
I know I have been jumping from subjec to subject, but I am just writing as it comes to me. Daniel and I have spent alot of money on this house already. We bought a solid glass storm door because I can't stand to not be able to open my door and look outside without freezing. We bought faux wood blinds for all the windows. We bought a mini blind insert (the mini blinds between the glass) for our back door. My dad is building us an entertainment center for our 56 inch tv. We also bought a new computer and a 3-in-1 printer (copier, scanner, and printer). We are loving all of it. Seems like we are making it rain around here...but there is gonna be a drought soon. :-)
We are also loving our Ti-Vo. We have been recording EVERYTHING. Our favorites are American Idol, Grey's Anatomy, 2 and a half men, DEA, Real Vice Cops, and Dancing with the Stars (since Melissa Rycroft is on there, I will be watching...loved her). Daniel doesn't watch it or Grey's, but he watches Lost and I do not. I can't get into watching anything else or I will spend all of my time infront of the tv.
Wedding wise, picked our flower girl dresses up yesterday, and out bridesmaid dresses came in, also. I have to take my dress next Thursday to get it altered. I am having my first shower on April 10th at my mom's, then to Jessica's mom and dad's for my second one on the 11th, then to Daniel's sister's for a pampered chef and upper case living shower on the 18th, and then the Smiley's family shower on the 19th. Can't wait to get some stuff...we are living with the bare minimum right now.
Well, for now I think that is it. If I think of something else I will get back on here and write about it. Thanks for your patience while reading this...

2 comments:

  1. Loving the updates! :o) Keep it coming! AND OMG! Upper Case Living shower, too?!?!?! LOVE that stuff! I am going to try with everything I am to be there! WOO HOO!! It's getting so much closer, Brit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for an update! I am not extremely good at keeping mine updated either though! Enjoy this last spring break because in the real world their are no spring breaks!! But your graduation will be here before you know it! I am excited for you! Do you know what type of nursing you want to go into?

    ReplyDelete

Our boys

Our boys
JoJo (3 year old Puggle) laying on Byrnesy (6 month old Boxer)